The International Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship Conference is designed and implemented interprofessionally by physicians, nurses and pharmacists. The live webinar takes place over three consecutive half days and is for all healthcare workers in the areas of pediatrics, allergy, immunology, infectious disease, internal medicine, as well as bacteriology researchers, healthcare students, laboratorists, microbiologists, pharmacists, professors, and students.
Registration is now open. Both in-person and virtual attendance options are available.
This course is dedicated to improving the use of antimicrobials for children in all healthcare settings in addition to helping individuals start and improve their antimicrobial stewardship programs.
Abstracts submissions are now closed. Any questions regarding abstract submissions should be sent to Jason Newland, MD, MEd, FPIDS.
International Scholarship Award
The PIDS Pediatric Committee on Antimicrobial Stewardship Global Health Subcommittee, in collaboration with the conference organizers, is pleased to announce the International Scholarship Award to attend the International Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship Conference.
This award is intended to foster collaboration with international colleagues, in low- and middle-income settings, doing work in pediatric antimicrobial stewardship. If interested, please review pertinent information in the link, including eligibility requirements. The application deadline is 12 December 2022.
- Physician or pharmacist working in a low- or middle-income country
- International work not primarily supported by a U.S. or European institution
- Current or planned activities focused on antimicrobial stewardship
- Ability to provide a brief oral presentation of current work in antimicrobial stewardship or resistance at the conference
- Travel to and from St. Louis, Missouri, USA, and the country of residence
- Hotel accommodations while attending the conference (31 May 2023 – 2 June 2023)
- Travel to and from St. Louis Lambert International Airport and the conference hotel
- Registration fee for the conference
- Total funding will not exceed $2500 USD
- Curriculum vitae, including information related to education, training, honors, awards, research experience, work experience, presented abstracts, and published manuscripts
- Career interests and objectives, narrative describing interest in antimicrobial stewardship and short- and long-term careers goals, specifically as related to antimicrobial stewardship and antimicrobial resistance (limit to no more 1000 words)
- Letter of recommendation or support, from supervising clinical, academic, or research mentor
- Abstract outlining current research in antimicrobial stewardship or resistance OR outline of proposed brief oral presentation of your work in antimicrobial stewardship or resistance
- Requested application materials are to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include “Global Health Subcommittee International Scholarship Award” in the subject line.
- Questions about the application process should be directed to: email@example.com